Followers

Friday, December 8, 2017

Flying back to Tunis

From BKK to TUN via DOH with Qatar Airways
After almost 7 years of absence, I am finally on my way back to Tunisia for one full week. I am looking forward to seeing all my Tunisian friends again and be back in a country I love so much!
Now sitting at Suvarnabhumi THAI lounge before boarding the QATAR Airways flight to DOHA.
BKK to DOH with QR
They changed the aircraft today. I flew an A340-600 to DOH, the first sector of this trip. I slept most 6h50 for the aircraft to reach the destination. It is always longer to fly eastwards.
Aboard the A346 in BKK.
of the time and woke up for breakfast about one hour bfore landing. I took
As I have a couple of hours to wait for the next flight, I went staight to Al-Mourjan business lounge at Hamad [HIA]. Plenty of time indeed to rest and refresh. I went to the quiet section of the lounge as thre was a cubicle available there. So, I had time to shower and get a fresh shave, ready to continue the journey to Tunisia.
Al-Mourjan lounge, HIA
Resting  corner in Doha.

QR flight from DOH to TUN
On the way from Doha to Tunis, the QR aircraft is an A330. There was a nice portion of the trip when we flew over Mykonos, and then across the Pelopones. Before landing in Tunis, we also saw thesouthern tip of Sicily. The flight was 6h10. It was mild but slightly overcast in northern Tunisia.
The A330 cabin at the front.
Coming back to a place where you had lived previously is like being back home. Driving the rented car from the airport to La Marsa was no problem and I knew exactly where Villa Carthage was.
Evening dinner at dining-room

Villa Carthage.

La Marsa-Gammarth side

As a matter of fact, this is a modern and delightful homestay at the limit of Carthage and La Marsa, not far from my previous home in Sidi Daoud.

The dining-room
The pool.

Garden view
Lower lounge area
Staircase with Punic clay figures.
Upper lounge.
My room
A hearty morning brakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment