Followers

Saturday, September 24, 2022

VIENNA revisited

 Upon returning from Slovakia, my path led me back to Vienna, one of Europe's most magnificent capitals.  I had dinner with friends at the Prater in the evening before my last day. It was still summer and relatively warm then. But the next day, I enjoyed walking back to the old city, overcrowded with herds of sightseers. I passed the Cathedral and the Opera, two landmarks challenging to avoid. But I looked more for the maze of all the back streets in search of more unusual sights. It was also the right way to avoid a scorching sun.

The selected photos are here to attest to the rich treasures of another side of Vienna.

The roof of St. Stephan's seen 
from a nearby street
  
St. Stephan's nave

The Vienna Opera House

Façade of a downtown ancient building

At a street corner

An emblematic Viennese pastry shop

The Jesuit Headquarters

Old passageway

An exotic narrow lane

No comments:

Post a Comment