Followers

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Departure for Paris

The Christmas holiday starts today. Well, this is my chosen break as nobody else chose the date for me. This is the beauty of being free! And since I had enough mileage points on my Royal Orchid Plus  membership, I upgraded myself to business class on the non-stop THAI Airways flight to Paris aboard the A380. Sometimes, it is nice to treat yourself to a personal gift; say, a Christmas present! So, here I am waiting to board the aircraft at the Royal Silk Lounge
at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok. This is the story of a flight from the City of Angels to the City of Lights.
Many people were queuing today at the Royal Orchid Silver counter. Anyway, it is still not much of a hassle to do the formalities. The security filter was quick and easy; the immigration passport check was not much of a hassle too. Sitting in the business lounge always makes the time smoother. Some more, it enabled me to get a little something to eat and drink before flying off. Today's fight is scheduled five minutes after midnight. This means that you get to Paris at daybreak after a full night onboard.
The THAI Airways A380-800 flew to Paris/CDG1 in 12.30 hours.
THAI Royal Orchid business class
The nice thing about flying business episodically is that you truly appreciate the frill. Champagne before take-off and then you can relax in comfort on your allocated seat. Drinks and dinner are served not long after. I opt for the seafood selection and remain on the Veuve Clicquot serving. It is a fact that THAI Airways has lost a little bit of its lustre. And if I compare the existing service with QATAR Airways, I must confess that the latter is far superior. Anyway, it still remains a pleasant experience and it is nice to be able to lie down flat on your seat with a real cushion and a thick blanket. I wake up two hours before destination with a hearty refreshing breakfast. The aircraft lands smoothly at CDG after a flight of 12:30. It is foggy and still dark with a temperature of 4ºC.
Window seat 12K
Entrée

Main course

No comments:

Post a Comment