Followers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya River


'Long Live the King' in front of Grand Palace
On Monday, 1st December, I went on the Chao Phraya River as I was invited by Thai friends to a birthday party.
I have taken the Chao Phraya water taxis on many occasions. The first time I ever came to Bangkok, I  made a day's cruise to Ayutthaya. I lived in Indonesia at the time and I came with my parents as we were traveling by train from Singapore to Chiang Rai & the Golden Triangle. But that was a long time ago, around 25 years ago! So, this was a first since I had not done a night's dinner cruise before. We boarded 'Princess V' at River City Mall.

It was Gael's mother's birthday and we were a table of 10. The buffet dinner was great. There were many people from other countries on board. The cruise lasted a few hours. And at the end there was live music, singing & an open dance floor. A group of Iranian tourists were particularly active in dancing. It seemed they really enjoyed their time on the river. There were also groups from the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, India and Spain.

Here are the pictures taken on board:

Chao Phraya cruise-boat

Sailing by Mandarin Oriental Htl.

French Embassy Residence

Buffet dinner on board
Gael's mother



































Passing in front of the Grand Palace

Wat Arun

River bank skyline
River temple


Christian Sorand














No comments:

Post a Comment