Followers

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Koh Ngai (Trang Province)

At Koh Ngai main beach
From Koh Bulon to Koh NGAI, it took 1h45 with the speedboat. They were advertising 1h30, but I guess it all depends where they drop off or pick up passengers on the way. Actually, the speedboat arrived a bit earlier from Koh Lipe, so we left 5 minutes before the scheduled time of 10:00AM.
This time the boat went straight to Koh Kradan first, and then made a second stop at Koh Muk.

At Koh NGAI, they dropped me off on the main beach, where all the resorts are. So I had to find my way to Paradise Beach Resort. It
On the dinghy to Paradise Beach
is on another side of the island, on the southern coast.
I finally made it on a dinghy instead of a longboat!
Paradise Beach is a secluded bay, where there is only one resort. The resort is great having a swimming-pool and superb, modern bungalows with A/C and electricity all the time. The only WiFi connection is at the lounge near the reception and also at the bar.
This place is absolutely quiet and a perfect hideaway with good comfort!
The island is deeply forested and has a few streams that end up into the Andaman. 
After checking in, I went for a hike, first on the beach, when it was still low tide. I came across a gray heron that did not seem to be the least afraid by my presence! I love this! 
At the other end of the beach, I climbed into the edge of the tropical forest as far as a viewpoint.
View of Paradise Beach
The rest of the afternoon was quiet and totally relaxing. I had a swim in the pool to cool off from the heat and then ended up on an elevated terrace at the bar with a Leo beer. It was sunset time then. 
But before I came to sit at the bar with a view, I had heard some noisy sounds coming from the forest. I found out there was a group of hornbills. I clearly saw them. So I grabbed my camera zoom and was able to capture a shot of two.
Although the resort position is not totally convenient to watch the sunset, there was still a brilliant set of colors in the sky and on the water at the time.
Here, the low tide prevents you from swimming into the sea-water. This is why the pool is a nice addition to cool off during the day. You can go kayaking in the bay at high tide. At this time of year (November) it is safe to swim because there are no poisonous jelly-fishes.  
There are a few nice coconut groves nearby, and there is a path going across the hill forest to the other side of the island, where all the other resorts are. It tales about 30 mn. But allows you to walk into the rainforest. Despite the mosquitoes (better use a repellent), you can hear some wonderful bird sounds and see myriads of colorful butterflies.
Back at the resort, they have also added a few hammocks in the shade: a great way to relax in front of the Andaman with a book!
Well, you got it; this is another perfect location to escape today’s madness!

Christian Sorand

At Paradise Beach Resort
The main resort facility
Coconut trees
Rainforest stream
Farniente on the beach
Path in the tropical forest
Lush forest vegetation
Hill rainforest
Evening light
Beach sunset colors
Sunrise on the beach
Map of Koh Ngai
Sunrise at Paradise Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment