Followers

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Trip to Nice & Provence


DAY 1 - August 30, 2017. This is this time of year for another trip back home. On this particular trip, I will use the newly-opened route to Nice-Côte d'Azur that QATAR AIRWAYS has just launched.
Flying QR all the way to NCE via DOH
Lots of travelers at the airport as this is the end of a holiday season. Qatar Airways is operating two flights at the same time to Doha tonight! Checking in as a frequent traveler was no hassle. I came way
End of a day seen from the airport
in advance to relax at the Thai Royal Orchid lounge before boarding the flight to Doha, the first sector of this trip.
So, I'll be away for the next two weeks to visit my family and enjoy the rest of the Mediterranean summer first in Nice, and then onwards back to Arles.
Relaxing at one of the THAI lounges.
QRflight route from BKK to DOH
Tonight, the QR aircraft to Doha [DOH] is a B777-300ER. A smooth flight that reached Hamad International Airport [HIA] in Doha after a 6:20 long flight. Great service as usual on board, leaving and arriving on time at its final destination.
QR B773-ER
Champagne on board before taking off.
Hamad International Airport in Doha.
I  chose to stay overnight at HIA before the next leg of the journey to Nice, France. So, I booked a room at the International Airport Hotel. This will break the journey nicely and avoid any time difference, although I usually am not too sensitive to the adjustment as I use my usual tricks to avoid the inconvenience.


The Airport Hotel is a five-star establishment that offers luxurious accommodation away from the hustle and bustle of the terminal.
DAY 2 - August 31. It was a short night but I already had some sleep on the BKK-DOH route. Before proceeding to the boarding gate, I went to the Al Mourjan business lounge to get coffee and a croissant.
On this newly opened flight route to Nice [NCE] Qatar Airways operates a B787-8 Dreamliner, a great aircraft of the new generation.
QR flight route from DOH to NCE.

Another smooth flight on the way to Europe. A hearty breakfast is served on board after departure.
Aboard the Dreamliner.
Time to relax, read, and listen to music. Later on, before landing at Nice-Côte d'Azur, I get a light meal. The flight arrives on time after a 6-hour's journey. 
At the airport, my family is waiting for me but we won't stay long in town as my Mum and sis need to drive back home in Arles.
QR B787-8
DAY 3-12 - 01-11 September. Nothing much as I need to put the house in living condition again. 
DAY 13 - 11 September. Rail Trip from Avignon-TGV to Nice-Ville.
At Avignon-TGV Rail station
Bar aboard the TGV to Nice

In the Old Nice at night
In Nice at night


Dinner at Baan Thai restaurant in Nice
DAY 14 - 12 September. Flights back to Thailand from Nice-Cote d'Azur.
Stroll along the Promenade des Anglais in Nice.
QR flight route from NCE to DOH aboard a Dreamliner.
At Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport, I was invited to relax at the Canopy Lounge in zone B, before boarding the aircraft. A very nice and pleasant lounge in a modern and convenient airport terminal.
Another smooth flight of 5h20 from Nice [NCE] to Doha [DOH] aboard the B787-8 Dreamliner operated by QATAR AIRWAYS [QR]. I was seating on the front row of the Economy class [10K].
DAY 15 - September 13. Transit at Hamad International Airport at Al Mourjan business lounge and continuation to Bangkok.
QR flight route from DOH to BKK aboard a B773ER
The B777-300ER left on time and arrived ahead of schedule after a flight of 6h15. In the business class cabin, I was seating [4K] by a Brit traveling from Manchester to Hanoi. I slept for most of the trip. It was sunny over Suvarnabhumi Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment